Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created for startups who are looking to solve some of the most critical global challenges. Program is designed in collaboration with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland and multiple Global Partners.
GIA 2016 will be bringing impactful entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki where the entrepreneurs will be looking to accelerate their business, brainstorm, raise funding etc.
Slush event dates are 30th November’16 to 1st December’16 and has included features like Pre-event coaching and Boot camp programs which will start from 22nd November’16 to 2nd December’16.
What is Slush?
Slush is a non-profit event organized by a community of entrepreneurs, investors, students and music festival organizers. It is the focal point for startups and tech talent to meet with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. It has grown from a 300-person event to become one of the leading events of its kind in the world, the philosophy behind it has remained the same: to help the next generation of great, world-conquering companies forward.
What is in it for YOU?
- Startups: Over 300 companies will get a chance to showcase their product to investors, media and other Slush attendees. Also there is “The Slush 100 Pitching Competition” where the 100 best seed-stage companies of Slush will be on stage post screening by a pool of top-tier venture capitalists. The competition will run through both days of the event, and will culminates with the finals taking place on the main stage. Last year, the equity investment of €650,000 was the largest pitching competition prize of its kind awarded in the world. Slush uses a Matchmaking Tool, where Startups can request and can pre-book their meetings with potential investors.
In 2015, around 1700 Startups participated in the event and over 4000 meetings were pre-booked between startups and investors in the 2 day meet.
- Investors: Slush has a exclusive event for Investors called “Investor Day”. This will take place on 29th Nov’16 (Day zero of event) at Clarion Hotel. This will be good opportunity to discuss, brainstorm, networking, catching up with old friends and talk on investments, emerging startups, trends etc.
Some of the key Investors who have confirmed participation:
- Dave McClure, Founding Partner 500 Startups
- Fred Destin, Partner at Accel Partners
- Juliet de Baubigny, Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB).
And many others from Moor Capital, Sapphire Ventures, True VenturesGreenoaks Capital etc.
Some of the exceptional Founders, Investors and Media representatives will share their stories along with Keynote address to entrepreneurs.
Some of the Key Speakers confirmed for the event are:
- Arielle Zuckerberg, Partner KPCB. Skills- Early Stage Investor.
- Beezer Clarkeson, Partner Sapphire Ventures. Skills- Early Stage Investor.
- David Helgason, Founder Unity Technologies. Skills- Technologist and Visionary.
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-Founder Indiegogo. Skills- Created World’s 1st Crowdfunding platform to make entrepreneurship accessible to all.
- Dave McClure, Founding Partner 500 Startups. Skills- Seed Stage Investor.
Some of the key partners associated with the event:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland
- World Bank Group
- Startup Sauna
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- Tech EU
All the Startups can apply via their Local Hub, details for which can be found on Slush’s website.
With multiple stages full of programs/events and with expectation of 15,000 people to connect with Founders, Investors and Media with one stage dedicated purely for pitching and others filled with tech experts sharing their stories and sparking a dialogue on the future, Slush is one place which should not be missed.