The Vault Show is the realty TV show dedicated to discover new and innovative ideas from Startups, Family Businesses etc. They have tied up with Times Group to run this show with every episode entrepreneurs will have chance to showcase their ideas in front of investors who will at the spot decide whether to fund your dream or not. Concept is very similar to US based Realty Show “Shark Tank”.
Show is conceptualized and created by Jatin Goel, a graduate from London school of Economics who was till few months back was associated with Suppilfied, an online startup store which caters to construction industry.
About the Show:
As stated by Jatin Goel to Brand Equity: “The Vault has been conceptualized as more than just another avenue of investment for aspiring entrepreneurs. It is meant to be a platform that will help develop a robust start-up ecosystem that fosters innovation and drives growth for promising business ideas irrespective of the sector they operate in.”
The show will showcase 50 applicants who will be shortlisted after rigorous process and will be among most innovative and disruptive ideas.
Step1:- Sign Up- All applicants needs to sign up with “the Vault Show”.
Please note: If you have multiple ideas then you will have to sign up separately for each idea.
Step2:- Application Submission- Information about applicant, Business, Idea/concept, Funding requirement will be assessed here. Applicants will have to register with the Non-Refundable fees of INR 750/-.
Step3:- Telephonic Audition- Post the screening of applications, shortlisted applicants will move to Round 1 which is Telephonic Audition, where experts will get in touch with each shortlisted applicant and grill them over their business idea.
Around 100 applicants are expected to be shortlisted in this round who will move to next round.
Step4:- Video Audition- Applicants shortlisted from the Telephonic Auditions will be asked to pitch their ideas/startup with all the facts and figures in a 2 minute video.
Around 50 applicants are expected to be shortlisted in this round who will move to next round.
Step5:- The Vault- The Final round of the show, where a total of 50 applicants are expected and will have opportunity to pitch their ideas before investors. They will get 5 minutes to convince and impress the investors with their business ideas/startup.
The Vault Show has roped in some very interesting, diversified and successful entrepreneurs as investors. They will be using their experience and journey in their ventures to judge the ideas/startups in terms of innovation, feasibility, growth prospects etc.
Who are these key investors?
5 Key investors which are revealed as of now are:
- Vivek Bhargava, CEO iProspect (part of Dentsu Aegis Network). Vivek has more than 17 years of experience in creating digital strategies for companies like MTV, Citi Bank, TCS, Clear Trip, Reliance etc. He has started Communicate 2 which is now acquired by iProspect and is one of the largest Search and Social Media Specialist Organization.
- Sudip Bandyopadhyay, Group Chairman Inditrade Capital. Sudip is well known face in the Financial Industry and is known to have promoted and supported lot of startups in Financial Services. He has been associated with companies like Destimoney Securities, Spice Global, Reliance Money, ITC Ltd etc. He is also Independent Director at Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange.
- Ameera Shah, Promoter and MD Metropolis Healthcare. Metropolis Healthcare is India’s only multinational chain of diagnostic centers with presence in UAE, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius & Ghana. Ameera Shah is credited with revolutionizing the pathology industry from Doctor led practice to Corporate Group. She has created a business model which has smoothly moved in with emerging markets along with maintain and implementing global standards of quality in the processes and systems.
- Mohit Goel, Founder of Supplified and Promoter & CEO Omaxe Ltd. Mohit is a real estate tycoon who is credited to have led the Omaxe Group to greater heights with current valuation of company at INR 5000 Crores. He is also credited with the Startup “Supplified” an online startup store which caters to construction industry. In his own words, “I aspire to spark and create scope for easier, simpler alternatives and revolutionize the outdated practice of ‘buying-selling-negotiating’ building supplies into a polished, user-friendly digital space.”
- Rahul Singh, Founder & CEO of THE BEER CAFÉ. With extensive experience in the lifestyle and sportswear companies like Reebok, Triburg, Stencil Apparel etc, he founded BTB India which stands for “Better than Before” and then later moved to start Beer Café in 2012 with a vision to stimulate fun and responsible drinking culture. He is also credited with mentoring and funding Food Startups like Biryani Blues, Yumcheck and Burger Singh. He is also an Honorary Secretary for the NRAI (National Restaurant Association of India).
- Anupam Mittal (Guest Investor) Founder & CEO People Group. Anupam Mittal is business man and serial investor who has prime focus on India’s digital industry. He is credited for ventures like Shaadi.com. People Group is operating companies like Shaadi.com, Makaan, Mauj Mobile, Mobango and has invested in companies like Ola Cabs, Pretty Secrets, Hackerearth etc. Anupam has also invested in his personal capacities in the startups like Shaadisaga, Yumlane, Witworks, Vebbler etc.
Last day for submitting applications for participation is 31st August’16. The production and shoot is expected to start sometime Mid-September in Delhi.
Times Now and ET Now will start the broadcast of The Vault Show episodes in October’16.